CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Only Two Items On My List

I'd like to think of myself as a bargin shopper, however there's no use in going to the store with only two items on your list. A little word from the wise.

Today towards the end of my work day I decided that I would stop by Family Dollar on the way home to pick up a "few" things (few, meaning 2 items). Now why on Earth I would think I could go to Family Dollar and really only leave with 2 items is beyond me. I had Lysol wipes and brillo pads on my list, that's right.... it's an exciting life I lead.

Of course to get to the isle where these items are I have to pass through clothing. I see the cutest little dress for Faith and it's only $10. Next thing I knew, it just jumped right in the buggy. Next through the men's apparrel. Of couse I want my honey to look dashing so I pick up a nice blue (NOT "baby blue" grrrr.) shirt for him. At $7.99 who could resist? Another item that jumped into my possession. I did grab the 2 items on my list which meant my goal had been accomplished. Wrong. How could I not do a complete walk through this store seeing that I had already had two great deals scream my name?? So, I did. Don't even ask what made it into my buggy when I walked through the "Home Decor" isles. Let's just say my "Chinese" theme in our computer room has now been completed. Then the visions started to appear.

Joel had mentioned about looking for a loveseat to put back in the computer room so when he was able to download movies onto the computer (legally, of course) we could have a comfy spot to do our couch snuggle. I had a vision. While making my way across this wonderful landscape called Family Dollar, I had found furniture covers. Cheap and very colorful. What more could a girl ask for?

I called him.

"Whatcha doin baby" (me). "Oh nothin, just sat down to watch my Star Trek" (him). "Oh" (me). "Why, what's up? Where are you? Are you coming home soon?" (him). "Yeah, I just had to pick up a few things at Family Dollar but I'll be home shortly. Ummm, you'll never believe what awesome Chinese stuff they've gotten in since the last time I was here!" (me, with excitement). "Oh yeah? Pretty nice stuff, eh?" (him). "Awesome stuff. So ummmm, I thought maybe I'd pick it up before they sold it all." (me). "Oh ok baby. (laughs) Well come home soon so we can watch our movie" (him). "Well ummmm, I was just thinking.... remember how the other day you mentioned it would be really cool to see about getting a loveseat for the computer room so we could watch movies back there?" (me, in the sweetest softest voice I could do). "Yeah?" (him). "Well, I was thinking we could run over this evening and see if maybe Goodwill has anything? I mean if they do then we should pick it up cuz it might go pretty quick. What do you think?" (me, still carrying that soft sweet voice). "Oh baby, not tonight. I really don't wanna go out but we could do it Thursday" (him). "Oh, well ok. Or maybe we'll just wait till the weekend." (me, trying to sound decievingly disappointed). "Sounds good baby. Well, are you coming home now?" (him) "Yeah, I'm gettin ready to check out here in a few. I'll see you in a bit. I love you." (me, with a dramatic sigh). "I love you too baby, be careful" (him).

I head up to checkout with my buggy overflowing. Reminding you that I walked into this store with two, yes 2, items on my list. I never understand how I can spend so much at Family Dollar. It's more addicting then ice cream (which I hate). With packages loaded, I sit in the drivers seat and grin. I'm thinking here. Grinning always helps my thoughts. Eh, not always but when it comes to decorating and bargins.... I grin a lot. I look down at the gas gauage and it's almost empty. Family Dollar is right next to a perfectly fine gas station, but I'm thinking Sheetz for gasoline. Besides it's right next to the Goodwill. Grinning again.

Needless to say, not only did I find great stuff at Family Dollar but I brought home a loveseat that I purchased at the Goodwill for $24.99!!!! With that furniture throw from Family Dollar we'll be sporting sleek, yet cheap, decor.

Never let it be said that shopping can't be fun!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey you, thank you for leaving those messages on my blog. I really appreciate it. I didn't feel like updating my blog, so I never read your comments. But thank you so much.

Xx Lo