CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Pukey Perm & Poor Puppy

A bit of drama this weekend.

First I went Saturday for a spiral perm. I've really been looking forward to this because the last time I had a spiral perm, it turned out AWESOME! Of course one of my good friends from high school did it, but regardless it was an awesome perm. Well, needless to say yesterday's experience wasn't so awesome. Can you say poodle? Umm, yeah. I was NOT happy. I had to practically run out of the shop after paying to avoid blubbering all over the place. Went straight to WalMart and got as many "curl" solutions I could. Anything to calm this 'fro down. I was hysterical. I've never ever had a bad perm. I had one that didn't last, but never one where I ended up looking like a rejected 1970 Michael Jackson.
Of course my husband was supportive, I didn't expect him to be anything but that. He now has learned one thing very important about me though..... and that is I'm very VERY particuliar when it comes to my hair. Makeup.... pfft, could go without. Clothes.... pffft, I buy at WalMart. Shoes..... pffft, the cheaper the better. My hair, on the other hand...... it's a law that I'm comfortable wearing what's on my head. After getting home it took me all but 10 minutes to hop into the shower to try to wash this poodle puff out. Didn't work. I called the salon "incognito" where I usually get my hair done, explained my situation to one of the girls there (NOT the one that usually cuts my hair, she told me not to do this). They had no suggestions. So I hop online out of pure desperation and found some things to try. Thing is, I had really no clue if my hair could withstand what the suggestions for a bad perm were. I called again today and identified myself. It was the same girl I had spoken to yesterday. She remembered me and I asked her if I stopped in if she would take a look at my hair and see if it would be safe to reverse the perm (for those of you who don't know, if you take a perm and squirt the solution on your hair you can straighten it by combing it continuously for the same amount of time it took for the perm to set and then rinse and apply the second bottle and comb as well for about 5 or so minutes. A lot less damaging than buying the "hair straightener" solution, not to mention much cheaper). I left immediately after talking with her so I could try this before our lunch (we were supposed to meet friends for a fun Sunday afternoon... bowling and Chinese lunch buffet) so I didn't feel like I should go sporting bell bottoms and a large collar shag shirt (again please refer the 1970 Michael Jackson photo above). Go to the salon and the girl said it looks like the only thing the perm did was dry my ends a bit that I may have to get it trimmed but that it was safe to reverse the perm. Meanwhile another girl mentioned trying Pert first.

She said that it worked on a project while she was in beauty school that the Pert actually made a perm set. So she suggested I try that. I did. It didn't.

Meanwhile when we came home from our little visit to the salon and then WalMart to pick up Pert Shilo decided to bolt out the door upon our return. We were going to put the bags down and get settled and then I would go back out to get her. Before I could I hear her yelping and crying and a screetch of tires. I ran out to find a bus driving away (a smaller bus, like a church bus or a handicap bus) and poor little Shilo sitting against the neighbors car across the street. Several people came out from their house and ran over to her. Joel ran across and I immediately ran inside to get the keys so I could chase down the bastard bus driver that hit her and didn't have the courtesy to even stop. Needless to say I couldn't find him. Drove around the neighborhood for the better part of an hour, no luck. We called the law and got the information we needed to see if there's anything we could do. Luckily one of the neighbors witnessed the entire thing. Shilo, on the other hand is very lucky. Her back leg is a bit scared and cut up but other than that she seems fine. She hasn't been as lively as she usually is but that's to be expected. She's not eating but she does seem to want to play a little. That's a real good sign. So next Sunday around 11am I will be sitting in our vehicle at the entrance of our neighborhood waiting for the bastard bus driver that hit our puppy and didn't even stop. If anything, at least it will make me feel better to ream him a bit.

As for the perm? Well we ran back out to get baby aspirin and a wrap for Shilo's leg so I picked up a perm. I'll tempt that fate tomorrow. We'll see. Unfortunatly our lunch date with our friends didn't happen but they were very understanding. Too bad too, I had been looking forward to it all week. On the other hand, I think my husband was thankful that he didn't have to go bowling. What a lil party pooper.

0 comments: