CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Drivin with Diamonds



This is it. Our new vehicle! That's right, believe it or not we're sporting around in a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer. I've driven Subaru, Ford, Dodge, Chrysler and Pontiac... this is the first Chevy I've driven. It's real nice though. I admit even though I had completely sworn off SUV's, I have to admit it's good to know that it's roomy enough and the fact that it's reliable when you wake up to snow covered roads. We've had it a little over a week and it's starting to really grow on me. I love the color. The sun hasn't been out before today and even though it's called "Beige", I do see a hint of gold when the sun hits it a right way. Now how can a girl NOT love gold?? Besides, it makes me feel much better knowing that Joel is driving out of town in a reliable vehicle and I won't be getting a phone call that he had broken down along the road. But that's not the only purchase God has blessed us with. He has had the opportunity to upgrade his computer to what he needs for work and for play. I was happy that we were able to make that purchase. Sometimes his computer competes with me regarding his time and attention, but I am really thankful it's a machine I'm competing with and not another female. I would hate to go through divorce again. Just kiddin... wait, no really I'm not :)



Oh yes... and this is what I picked up last night! The addition to my wedding band! I can't stop looking at it. It's the prettiest thing I've ever had! I'm typically not a "diamond" girl but knowing what this stands for means absolutely everything to me. So this is what my set now looks like when I glance down at my hand.....

Awwwwwwww. Now I know why family have issues on who gets their parents wedding bands. These aren't only gorgeous rings but they have so much meaning for me. The first time that I know a ring is on my finger out of love, not out of "remember what I bought for you" or it being thrown in my face and reminded that I didn't really deserve it. Things sure have changed over the past year. Joel and I have been through our lows, and still struggle at times, but there's nothing at all I would change about anything in our life.

Diamonds are beautiful, but my husband is definitely my best friend.

0 comments: