CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 17, 2006

Storms



Spring has to be my favorite season of the year. I like the "distant" storms....ya know the lightning that lights the entire sky and that faint sound of thunder. I think it's romantic to be held by him, my safe place.

The other night a storm awoke me from a dead sleep...now I'm not talking the "distant" storms that I admire so...I'm talking about the loud thunder crash and bright streak lightning kind of storm. Now those I DO NOT like. Especially to be awoke from your sleep. Anyways...a loud crash of thunder had me sitting up in my bed in no time. I looked over and he wasn't there beside me, needless to say it took me no time to get to my feet. Funny thing tho....I got to the bedroom door and just stood there, froze in my track and scared shitless. The house was dark and all I could do was cover my mouth with my hands and wish for my knight in shining armor. In seconds I heard him coming up the stairs, he wrapped his arms around me and kept reassuring me "It's ok baby". I just couldn't believe how safe I felt. It absolutly amazes me sometimes how I experience comfort and peace. All those years of worry, stress and unhappiness seem to disappear from my past when he holds me....it's like I've never hurt before. It's starting to become that I find it hard to remember the hurt of my past....this is the first time I've been able to say that. Perhaps I'll never forget.... but I guess what I mean is that it doesn't consume my thoughts...my heart...like it did before. I can remember being the one who wondered how people can be this happy....now instead of me being on the outside looking in, I'm on the inside looking out. Now I know what all the hype was about.....I love it here.

The loud scary storms that once ruled my world and at a moment when I had nobody to hold me......they have turned into the distant storms in which I can just close my eyes, sigh and smile.

0 comments: