CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Something to think about....



I asked God to take away my pride, God said no.
He said, pride is not something He takes away, but rather I have to put down.

I asked God to cure my crippled child, God said no.
He said, her soul is whole, though her body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience, God said no.
He said, patience stems from suffering; it is not granted, but rather shapened.

I asked God for happiness, God said no.
He said, He grants me blessings, but whether or not it brings happiness is up to me.

I asked God to remove my suffering, God said no.
He said, suffering distances me from the worldly concerns, and brings me closer to Him.

I asked God to develop me spiritually, God said no.
He said, I must make the effort myself, but He'll prune me, so I can bear good fruits.

I asked God, does He love me? God said, Yes.
He granted His one and only begotten Son to die for me.

One day, I shall reside in the Kingdom of Heaven... I believe.

I asked God to help me love others as He loves me.
God said, "Ah, you finally understand."