CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 11, 2007

I'm Straight

Calm down. It's not some big huge announcment of sexuality. Now if the title were "I'm Gay"..... I'd grant the worry.

:rolling eyes:

I reversed my perm. Yup. After spending $60 to get curls, I spent an additional $5 to buy another perm to comb it through to take out the curls. I know, sickening isn't it? I'm so glad my husband is understanding. Even though he made it a point to tell me every day how pretty my hair looked (like the young Michael Jackson, my words not his), I just couldn't take it any longer. I couldn't even run my fingers through that rats nest, let alone try to fix it any other way than an updo. Which was the ONLY way I could even consider it looking half way decent.

Lesson learned, I suppose. A $60 lesson at that. Now my hair is straighter than it was before but, as my husband says, as long as I'm happy with it (God I love that man). Most men would freak out that their wife would go and blow $60 on their hair just to pay another $5 to undo what had been done to it. Even though I'm sure I'm not the only woman that's done so, it's good to know my husband isn't "one of those". I felt badly about it and apologized that I had done such a stupid thing.... he just smiled and said it was fine and that he wasn't upset at all. Awwwwww, ain't he sweet?

I am going to have to get it trimmed up, I think. I'm not a professional at hair, but I think it did fry my ends a bit. Of course now would be the perfect oppurtunity to test that $25 shampoo and conditioner I purchased. So, I guess after all is said and done my $60 perm actually turned out to be about $125. Seeing that right after my 'fro was 'froed I ran to WalMart and picked up $35 worth of gel, mousse, spritz, and hair cream to try and get it under control. Well I tried every bit of it before going to the extreme of the straightening process. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to know that the ends of my hair turned out a bit "crisper than normal". It's alright though. Even though I'm trying to let it grow, I know that cutting it to a length of health will only help it grow faster.

I'm just glad to "Beat It" and that I will no longer look like a character out of the "Thriller" video.

0 comments: