CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 04, 2006

My Rainbow


There have been days lately that I've missed my Mom more than ever. As I plan for our wedding, I wish I had her here to help me make decisions and ask her advice. I wish so badly that she were here to see how happy he makes me. It's not until I met him that I've felt the true and honest love that my mother gave to me.

I recently heard a song by Christina Aguilera and the words in a few verses really hit home for me.
I share:

There's nothing I wouldn't do
To hear your voice again
Sometimes I want to call you but I know you won't be there

Would you tell me I was wrong?
Would you help me understand?
Are you looking down upon me?
Are you proud of who I am?
There's nothing I want to do
To have just one more chance
To look into your eyes and see you looking back

If I had just one more day, I would tell you how much that
I've missed you since you've been away
_____________________________________________________________________________________
This isn't the entire song, but then again the entire song doesn't apply to the feelings I have of missing my Mom. I also recently came across a poem that hits home.

Missing Mamma
by Corky Ferguson

The sun came up this morning;
It wasn't very bright.
My dark mood casts a shadow;
It's hard to see the light.

We all have just one mother
And, now that her life on earth is done,
The emptiness and loss I feel
Make it hard to see the sun.

Tomorrow is a brand new day;
May the pain and sadness lighten.
I will remember all her love,
And then the sky will brighten.

Gone is not forgotten;
Her love remains behind;
She's traveled in a new direction -
Love knows no space or time.

I will always love her.
She will care for me from above.
She will send me starlight and rainbows
To remind me of her love.
___________________________________________________________________

She sent me my sun, my rainbow in him. He brings the light and the color back into the world that was dark after she was gone. He is the rainbow through the dark clouds. I miss her so much.... but now it's a bit easier when he holds me and looks into my eyes and I not only hear the words "I love you", but I feel them like I've never felt but only from the love of my mother. Thank you Mom for sending him my direction..... he's saved me more than he'll ever know.

0 comments: