CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

This morning I awoke at 5:30am. After a day and a half of not feeling well, I laid there to see if I even wanted to take the chance of waking up. I rolled over to put my arm around him and realized that I was feeling much better than the day before. Much better. Going to bed early really had me a gumption to get up and get started, besides after sleeping half of my afternoon away I thought that since I felt better and had plenty of sleep that I could probably accomplish a lot. He too, rolled over and was awake.

As we laid there holding one another we laughed and joked around. I had told him a few weeks back that this holiday season was going to be much different than last year. He remembered that, he always remembers the things I say. I'm not used to that and it still surprises me when he reminds me of something I've said. I've never had that.... it's nice. He also reads me very well and pays attention. He notices things before I'm even aware they are apparent. Usually I try to deny it when he brings it up, but I'm forgetting that he's too smart and observant to fall for that. That too, still surprises me. He loves to awe me. He does it a lot.

So I got up out of bed and slipped on my slippers. Yes, I have no problem going to Go Mart in my PJ bottoms a T-shirt and slippers (fuzzy ones, at that). I was on a mission. I needed to get the sales paper for tomorrow's sales. The past 2 years I waited too long and didn't get one. This year.... I got one. Fuzzy slippers and all. Ya know as I'm standing there at the counter chatting with the little Go Mart girl, I realize that the holidays seem to make people a bit happy. Aside from the "shopping crowds". They seem to be more friendly, or at least that's my observance. So I headed out with my newspaper and decided to pick up breakfast and go home to conquer awakening my husband.

So, I'm home. Blaring the speakers with Rascal Flatts (I tried Ludacris and that didn't do it, so I've switched to a little twangy country) .... it's still not working. So, I'm sitting here listening to the music and thinking about how happy I am. I've never looked forward to the holidays like I have this year..... at least not since my Mom.

What am I thankful for? Everything. I'm thankful that my life is exactly like I've always dreampt it to be. There's nothing that could be different about it now to make it any more perfect than what it is. Not money, not material things.....nothing. I have everything I need and want.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my family and friends, with love.

0 comments: